Monday, June 16, 2014

When will it stop raining? No one knows. It’s been raining all week, but since we don’t have to bike, I don’t really mind. Though I wish we could bike because I really need the exercise. I mostly just wish it could be warm rain, rather than cold rain. I’m so tired of the cold. I’m ready for the summer!
We taught a lot of lessons this week, most of them were to members (we taught 11 member lessons) and it was so fun! I love lessons with the members because you don’t have to work as hard to have the Spirit there and more learning can take place. Also, it’s great because the members in our ward are just so awesome! They don’t mind when we stop by to give a quick message and I love going to their homes for dinner. I always feel at home here in the ward; they’re like my second family. I’ll definitely have to come back to visit once the mission is over.
I was very sad this week because one of my very favorite people in the whole mission moved away. Sister S--- left for Soda Springs and I will admit that I cried all the way home from her house and through most of my shower and I went to bed with a terrible headache. I will miss her so much! I’ll miss being able to go see her in the mornings and I’ll miss always knowing that at least one person during the day will be happy to see us. She is such a wonderful lady and I hope to continue to be friends long after the mission.
K---- and her sister, father, neighbor, friend, and a few others all went away to war this weekend. Apparently it was a good time and the SCA did a good job of putting it together. Since I have no reference point for medieval reenactments I couldn’t tell you if it was good or not. They seemed pretty happily bruised though and plenty tired out.
One of the girls in our ward, B---, had a birthday this week, so Sister Session and I went to go sing to her. It was pretty fun and I can’t help singing as ridiculously as possible when singing any sort of birthday song!
We gave service at the cemetery with the ward this week. We got to help them rake and cart dead leaves and pine needles. It was a good time and a lot of the ward showed up to help. Many hands make light work and it makes me happy to see others volunteering their time and efforts in their busy schedule.
I learned how fondant is made this week. It’s pretty cool, delicious, and messy. Apparently it’s much better than store-bought fondant. I wouldn’t know because I haven’t had either. One thing I do know is that if it is at all possible, I wish Darcy would make my wedding cake. But that’s a long ways away, so we’ll see!
I got to hold wild baby rabbit this week. They had already been touched because the family had to move them away from their farm equipment, so we weren’t making it worse. Not to mention after we left the dogs ate them. So sad! But they were the cutest little things ever! Baby bunnies are adorable!
So, funny story for you. We had just arrived home for the night and were headed to the mailbox to get our mail and we’re walking down the little corridor that our apartment is in when all of the sudden Sister Session screams and comes running into me and wraps her arms around me and goes “Sister Draney! There’s a HUGE moth!!” I just kind of laughed because I figured she was overreacting and we went to the mailbox. As we were walking back I saw the moth. It was the biggest moth I’ve ever seen in my life. Then we both freaked out because there were two of them! So we ran past them as fast as we could and hid in our apartment.
 So, the next morning we had completely forgotten about the moths and we were leaving our apartment and I’m locking the door and I look down and see the moth, less than an inch from my hand. I screamed and moved away really fast, but then the keys were stuck in the door and I had to lock it because we couldn’t just leave our keys there, so I inched closer and I tried to talk to it soothingly. I was like, “shh, it’s okay, I’m just going to lock the door, real slowly like this, thaaaat’s right, don’t move….” And we got away with our lives. It didn’t move a bit.
Then, we got home and it was still there!!! So I had to once again unlock the door without startling it and we got in. Then Sister Session became very tired of the moth, so she took our mop and knocked it down, but didn’t kill it. (Something that big would have made a large splattering mess). So I got to herd it out of our hallway with the mop. It was a bit like walking a dog. It never flew and it’s huge, hairy body never left the ground. It was super creepy and so gross. We’re very glad they’re gone now.
Oh, and for the past few days we’ve seen these two people in star war’s costumes wandering around the city like they’re looking for something. It’s very puzzling and kind of funny. They look a little bit like Star Wars mixed with little blue martians. I’m not really sure what they’re doing. Maybe they’re looking for the Gospel! Ha, ha
Well, that’s about it for this week. I hope you’re all enjoying your summer and staying safe!
Lots o’ love,

Sister Draney 
And the pictures are of my dear deer friend Elliot. He finally acknowledged his affection and gave me a kiss. ;) He's growing little antlers! ^_^ So cute



No comments:

Post a Comment