Thursday, February 20, 2014


Greetings from Bozeman!

I think I've gained more muscle on my mission than I ever have in my life. I found a new one yesterday and I was pretty excited. It's all about the dodge ball! I'm telling you! I'm determined to beat Elder Holland if it is the last thing I do! I'm improving slowly but surely. :) But yesterday I was so sore I couldn't even climb into the truck and I hobbled up stairs to home like a little old woman :P  On p-day we usually play games with our district like dodge ball, basketball, volleyball, or we throw a football back and forth. They’re all very impressed with my spiral ha, ha. I play the piano on p-days after we finish dodge ball and they transition to basketball. I’m not too good at basketball. Sometimes I play with them, sometimes I play the piano. I love the piano. It’s so relaxing! It’s really one of the greatest joys I have when I get some time. I would be so sad if I had given up piano, I’m so glad you guys made me practice!

We’re teaching several people. Some of them are completely inactive, but we teach them just as much as we teach the others J I’m really excited this week because sister Searle agreed to read the Book of Mormon again for the first time in forever! I was way excited!

We’re assigned to one ward: Bozeman 1st ward and one branch: Big Sky. It keeps us plenty busy!

As for my personal study, this week I was studying having faith in the timing of the Lord so I could give a discussion on it in district meeting. It was really good. I don’t have my notes on it, so I’ll tell you more about it when I have my notes! I remember one scripture I used was 2 Ne. 10:17 and Eccl. 3:1.

My comp and I got a mild case of food poisoning from a dinner we went to. She threw up. I did not :D I felt like a champ. But needless to say we went to bed a little earlier than usual.

We had a wonderful moment this week when we pulled up to a house and it looked like no one was home but we knocked anyway and it turns out the family that we’ve been trying to get in touch with forever was there! We had an awesome discussion with them and hopefully we’ll be able to start working with them.

We delivered Valentines in the rain this week. It was really fun actually. We made about 54 Valentines and we didn’t get to deliver them all, but we sure tried! People liked it a lot. We took on to Vivian (the 90+ year old lady we visit) and she was so happy to get the Valentine and see us! She had been alone all day and her family hadn’t even come upstairs to say hi. She kissed the Valentine and said how we made her day.  I was so glad we had stopped by so she wasn’t alone on Valentine’s day.

I read a really good talk in the August 2007 Ensign called “Overcoming Feelings of Inadequacy”. It was really good and I would highly suggest it, even if you don’t feel inadequate ;)

Our stake is being reorganized this week and we’re really excited! It’s going to be a big deal. They say something big is happening and I can’t wait! It’s going to be great!!

We went out to dinner with the nicest couple out in Big Sky yesterday. They’re really awesome. They spent WAY too much money on us for dinner though, I felt really bad. And then they took us to their grocery store where they made us go shopping and wouldn’t let us leave until we had taken what they deemed an “appropriate amount” (which was a lot). It’s a big blessing though because Sis McCain is out of money for the month and they just completely stocked our fridge with good food. They are stellar.

We did a lot of tracting in Big Sky yesterday and people were really nice (what a relief!) but we didn’t get any new investigators (yet!). We’re really hoping to jump-start the work up there! It will be a great opportunity for growth. The entire population of the town is less than that of Highland High. It’s pretty small. A lot of famous people live up there too sometimes at the Yellowstone club like Justin Timberlake. Apparently he comes into town to shop all of the time. It would be way cool to meet someone famous and share the gospel with them! What an awesome story that would be! ;) ha, ha

Anyways, this week has been pretty good and we’re trying to stay super busy!

Sister Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment